HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences | Newbie Help
Sid http://fly.to/elsid is a regular on alt.html, and valuable resource there. I lift a lot of stuff from his postings. -- Jerry Muelver
Sid's suggested reference list --
- Start-up Tutorials:
- Before asking a question, check a FAQ first:
- Top 10 mistakes in design:
- How to know when you are in HTML Hell:
- General Webdesign tips:
- A good News Reader:
- Get CSE Validator, you can then validate offline.
- subject in mailto:
- Optimising Images:
- Transparent Backgrounds:
- Catering for different resolutions:
- Opening Image in new window same size (or with border)
- Thumbnail Generator "Thotor" is available from:
- HTML Validator (IE) - free
- Browser Compatibility
- Preloading and Rollover generator:
- Pulldown Menu generator
- Forcing a download:
- New window popup
- How fast does your page load?
- Decode gibberish in email returns (forms)
- Link Checker
- IE only - Print an alternate page
<link rel=alternate media=print href="printversion.doc">
- CSS external file link:
<LINK REL=stylesheet HREF="school.css" TYPE="text/css">
- Acrobat Reader:
- Old posts (30 days) in alt.html:
- Basically, there are three rules to live by.
- Keep It Simple, Stupid!
- If It Ainít Broke, Donít Fix It!
- Be Careful What You Wish For!
- Only choose in marriage a woman whom you
- would choose as a friend if she were a man.