HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences | Newbie Help
Category HTML FAQ
Checklist by Darrel Knutson
- Who wrote the course?
- What are the stated learning objectives?
- Are there links to external resources? What are they?
- Is the author more of a purist, a designer or an agnostic?
- Are many examples provided?
- Are many exercises provided?
- How long would the full course last?
- Is the course divided into logical sections? How long is a typical "unit"?
- Which versions of HTML are covered?
- What is not a part of the course? What is missing? What is the worst part?
- Is it well written - clear, concise and grammatical?
- Is it readable or a disaster of design for someone with reading glasses?
- Does it cover CSS?
- Do the courses pages validate or is this another attempt at faking competence?
- Is registration required?
- Is any sort of plugin required?
- Will I see advertising or a pop-up window or any kind of promotion?
- Will my browser be offered a cookie?
- Is there a compressed version of the course available for download?
And if I have to pay, please just mention that first, so I won't go on to read the rest. There's plenty of great free stuff out there that can easily be found at your local search engine.