HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences | Newbie Help
- How do I make a transparent image for my site?
- How can I show my background on the white bits of my image?
- How can I make my images see-through?
- There is no HTML code to do this. You will have to edit your image in a program such as Paint Shop Pro (http://www.jasc.com) or Photoshop.
- Load up the program and open your image. Find the transparency option (in PSP its in the colours menu, colours > Set pallette transparency) in your program and give it a click.
- A box should now appear asking you what to make transparent. The options are usually..
- Current background colour
- Pallette Entry
- Background colour is the most common choice but if you want to make something other than your backgorund transparent, choose "pallette entry" and select the colour.
- The transparency will now be displayed in the appropriate area by white and grey squares.
- Save your image as a version 89a Non-Interlaced GIF file and fire up your browser.