HomePage | RecentChanges | Preferences | Newbie Help
Category PHP FAQ
Answered Questions --
- Are the PHP variable names case sensitive?
- Are the PHP function names case sensitive?
- Are the PHP language constructs (for, return, print...) case sensitive?
- How can I move a mySQL database table to a new site?
- You'll want to be looking at [Chapter 15] of the mySQL manual, specifically [15.7].
PHP Reference Links --
- http://www.php.net/ -- Home of PHP
- http://www.php.net/manual/en/ -- PHP Manual
- http://www.php.net/manual/ -- The Annotated PHP Manual is a living document, wiki-ish in nature.
- http://www.phpfaq.info -- ALT.PHP FAQ
- http://www.kbcenter.com/category.php?parent_id=2 -- FAQs and tips
- http://phpmyadmin.sourceforge.net/documentation/ -- phpMyAdmin documentation
- http://www.alt-php-faq.org/ -- FAQs from alt.php
- http://phpwizard.net/phorum/list.php?f=1 -- Support forum
- http://www.php-center.de/ -- German PHP center
- http://www.webmasterbase.com/article.php?aid=228&pid=0 -- WebmasterBase 10-lesson PHP and mySQL tutorial
- http://www.cgi-resources.com/ -- CGI Resources
- http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/ -- HotScripts.com: PHP -- Comprehensive PHP Programming Resource Directory! (English)
- http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/index.phtml/fid/52/ -- mySQL FAQs
- http://www.sqlcourse.com/ -- SQL tutorial, with interactive interpreter to try out commands
- http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/ct/19 -- "aboutSQL" series of articles by John Paul Ashenfelter
- http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/ -- PHP WebSite -- content management project at Appalachian State University.
- http://www.nusphere.com -- PHP integrated development environment (IDE), editor with runtime checker
- http://www.phpide.de -- PHP Coder Pro, editor
- http://www.zend.com -- Zend IDE, PHP programming environment
- http://www.php.net/manual/ - The Annotated PHP Manual is a living document, wiki-ish in nature.
- http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/ Devshed has good tutorials, I just don't like the site because they don't show visited links as a different colour :(
- http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/DB_Basics/ This is good if you know nothing about databasing on the web.
- http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/Commerce1/ A 3 part tutorial, on how to set up a catalogue, shopping cart etc.
- http://www.gimpster.com/php/tutorial/index.php Another good tutorial for complete newbies, like me :)
- http://www.blazonry.com/scripting/linksdb/start.html Yet another starting tutorial, I found it useful to read all of them, as there are diferent ways of doing things in PHP / MySQL.
- http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/backend/databases/index.html Webmonkey tutorials are reputed as being good, and this one is no different. There is some info here on using ASP instead of PHP.
- http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/ for loads more.
Sid Ismail says --
- DevShed - PHP --
- ((Contains an archive of news and articles geared towards developers using PHP. Also has a lengthy manual for beginners as well as experts.
- Webmonkey | programming : php --
- Programming PHP PHP/MySQL Tutorial See why Graeme thinks these packages make the world's best combination for creating data-driven sites, then get started in Web databasing the open source way. 19 May 1999 Generating Images on the Fly Paul looks at
- PHPBuilder.com - The Resource For PHP Developers --
- PHP Developer, Web Developer, The Resource For PHP Developers
- DevShed - MySQL --
- LinuxPlanet - Tutorials - Setting Up a MySQL Based Website - Part I - Introduction
- Setting up a database backend is one of the important and sometimes difficult things to do with your web site. Lucky for you, we have this series of tutorials that will guide you through the basics of
Matthias Gutfeldt says --
Jerry Muelver says --
David Wheeler's UNIX/Linux secure programming pages also mentions PHP:
New Questions Here --